Silver/ Sterling Silver is the most commonly used silver is made up from 92.5% of silver mixed with 7.5% of a differing metal (often copper).
9ct Yellow Gold & 9ct Rose Gold/ Gold is a mineral and it's purity is identified using Carats. Carat refers to the proportion of pure gold mixed with another metal alloy to make up the final metal. 9ct Gold has 37.5% gold in the final metal.
9ct Yellow Gold Filled & 9ct Rose Gold Filled/ Gold-filled metal is composed of a solid layer of gold, which is mechanically bonded to a Sterling Silver Base or another base metal. The solid Gold layer must constitute at least 5% of the total weight of the item. Although similar to Gold Plating, Gold Filled metal is far more durable and therefore a great affordable alternative to solid gold pieces.
Caring for your Jewellery
- We recommend that you store your jewellery in separate pouches to avoid the pieces scratching each other.
- Store your jewellery in a dry place as any moisture and can cause tarnishing.
- Always remove your jewellery before showering / bathing and don't leave it in a damp bathroom.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals whilst wearing your jewellery.
- Perfumes and Moisturisers can erode and tarnish the surface of your jewellery so it is always best to remove it before you do either.
- To clean your Silver & Gold Jewellery simply use warm water or carbonated water mixed with a small amount of washing up liquid. Leave your jewellery to soak in the mild solution for 15 minutes and then use a soft toothed tooth brush to clean the surface. Rinse the jewellery off using tap water and wipe dry with a soft towel or cloth.